On the Telethon, Jerry Lewis made the comment (paraphrased, not quoted) that God was going to look down on earth someday and realize He had made a mistake when He allowed muscular dystrophy.
One of my all time favorite passages in the Bible is Job 38-42. I'm so glad that He is my God. That is what He is like. I don't claim to understand the trials in my life and in the lives of others, but I do know that God doesn't make mistakes. I love how Job answers God in chapter 42.
I know that You can do anything and no plan of Yours can be thwarted.
You asked, "Who is this who conceals My counsel with ignorance?"
Surely I spoke about things I did not understand, things to wonderful for me to know.
You said, "Listen now, and I will speak. When I question you, you will inform Me."
I had heard rumors about You, but now my eyes have seen You. Therefore I take back my words and repent in dust and ashes.


3 comments:
I love that passage too... thanks for the great reminder!
p.s. Olivia is looking quite beautiful !
Hey Janelle, Olivia is adorable. Did you hear that Theresa had her baby last week? Elaine (Eli) Grace Speer, she seems so tiny compared to Isaac.
Hey Liz,
That's so cool! Tell them congratulations for me!
Post a Comment