Help! Olivia is finally teething, and it isn't pretty. We were up almost the entire night last night with her. At 2am we were watching Elmo and Praise Baby DVD's because they distracted her enough to stop crying.
I called the doctor today, and she told me to give her Motrin and cold teething rings. Does anyone have any other ideas? What worked when your kids were teething?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hey, Janelle
How ironic, I was up most of the night with Madelyn who is teething! It's the joy of being a mom, I guess!
Anyways...kids differ so much when they are teething. Something I do that seems to work, temporarily, is to keep giving them a freezing cold washcloth and just letting them suck on it throughout the day. Another thing, if you hold them and wrap a piece of ice in a wet washcloth, they sometimes like to gnaw on that. Just keep giving the Tylenol and Motrin. There isn't much you can do for the poor babies...It's just a natural and painful process that they have to go through! Hang in there...This too shall pass!
Jen Smit
BABY ORAGEL!!! I think that's how you spell it! I used to give my boys ibuprofen, then smear some oragel on their gums. The gel works instanly (it numbs the gums), but it wears off eventually. but by then, the ibuprofen has kicked in. As long as you keep up with the ibuprofen and tylenol then, you won't need the oragel (or is it orajel?) for a while again.
Let me know if it works for my Sweety pie!
Becky
Thank you for the tips! That wash cloth idea is fantastic. And I will go get some orajel, too!
Post a Comment