Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Books I've Read in 2008

January



Faithful Women & Their Extraordinary God, by Noel Piper. 2005.


February


Art and History of Washington D.C. , by Bruce R. Smith. 2007.

I bought this book when we visited D. C. Although it's short and has lots of pictures, it is very informational and fun to read.

Humility , by C.J. Mahaney. 2005.

Wow. This is one of those books that I need to read more than once - ok I need to read it many times. Not only does he get to the heart of the matter, he gives practical advice for overcoming pride. I've never read a book quite like it. If you have a moment, you really ought to read some of the other reviews on the SG website.

Shopping for Time , by Carolyn Mahaney and her daughters. 2007.

I mentioned this book here.

2 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Wow! You were quite the reader this month! I like that you include a little blurb about each book. I may have to pick these up - they sound helpful!

jeileenbaylor said...

oooh, I love the book by Noel piper. she is so realy and honest in it ;o)