Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 18, 2007

A New Bible Study


Tonight I went to a new Bible study. We are doing an inductive study of 1,2,3 John, James and Philemon. Kay Arthur and David Lawson's book, God's Love Alive in You, is our study guide. If you've never done an inductive study before, I highly recommend it.

In other news, Bob started his last semester of classes this week. It's always a difficult adjustment at the beginning of each semester when we get used to a new schedule. Thankfully there is light at the end of the tunnel. It's hard to believe that graduation is just around the corner! Somebody jokingly mentioned to me that it would be nice if I waited until after graduation to give birth. That way I could stand up with Bob on stage like all the other seminary wives do when their husbands graduate (except I would be 41 1/2 weeks pregnant). Wouldn't those be some lovely pictures?

Speaking of being pregnant, everything continues to go well. We're at 26 weeks, and I have another doctor's appointment on Monday. Last weekend Bob and I got the baby's room/guest room/office all set up. (Actually it was more like Bob moved the furniture where I wanted it.) As soon as I have things put away and stuff on the wall I'll post some pictures of her room. I will also attempt to get a decent picture of myself in there somewhere.

Puritan Quote of the Day: "No heart can conceive that treasury of mercies which lies in this one privilege, in having liberty and ability to approach unto God at all times, according to his mind and will." -- JOHN OWEN

2 comments:

LMLogan said...

oh doesn't the "end" (BEGINNING) feel awesome! so exciting!! and can't wait to see those cute pics!!

jeileenbaylor said...

So much to comment about...

1.) I LOVE Kay Arthur's inductive Bible study. I teach the gospel of John to my fourth graders. Very worthwhile!

2.) So excited for you and your new baby! I bet the room looks great :o) What color are you going to do?

3.) I LOVE that puritan quote. Our pastor spoke about that topic in church today. Very encouraging! Thanks :o)