
After reading a plethora of parenting magazines, books, and articles, this book was a refreshing reminder of what is really important.
It is easy to assume that if I don't buy a certain educational toy that lights up and speaks eight languages for my daughter, or if I don't feed her organic soy baby food from the rain forest, I will scar her for life. (Or at least make her a social outcast in Kindergarten.) But Elizabeth George gently reminds us that our number one responsibility each day as parents (or teachers, or friends, or employees, etc.) is to point those around us to Christ through prayer and example. And if that is what we do, we are successful.
I may not, ok, definitely do not, know much about parenting, but I do know how to read my Bible and pray. What a reassuring thought for nervous new moms!


2 comments:
J - You are so cute when you write. You always make me laugh :o)
How do you like the bracelet? Hope it fits :O() If not, no big deal, I'll just resize it :o)
Have a great day!
Jules
I've never heard of this book - great recommendation! how are you feeling? GETTING CLOSE!! :)
Post a Comment