Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Hit A Deer With My Car...

*Sigh* Thankfully no one was hurt, the car was still drivable, and we had just paid our insurance premium not 12 hours earlier. We always pray for God's protection when we travel. Praise the Lord that He hears our prayers and keeps us safe!
The deer was standing on the yellow line in the middle of the road and didn't flinch. (The proverbial "deer in headlights.") I on the other hand flinched, screamed, and swerved. If I had not swerved, Bob thinks we might have totalled the car. Eek! Anyways, at this very moment our poor car is at the repair shop, and Bob is getting a rental.
But enough of the bad news. I'll end my post with some very cute pictures of our quick trip to see Dan and Sara and Sara's parents.

We got to meet our newest nephew, Andrew.

Peter and Olivia enjoyed the hammock.

1 comment:

Katie Barker said...

Oh Bummer! So sorry to hear about that. Praise the Lord though, like you said that you did swerve and He so faithfully protected you!