Psalm 116:15
Precious in the sight of the LORD
Precious in the sight of the LORD
is the death of his saints.
Lamentations 3:21-23
Yet this I call to mind
Lamentations 3:21-23
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
Then yesterday my grandfather, my mom’s dad, passed away. He had a wonderful testimony and will be greatly missed. I thank the Lord for the godly heritage He has given our family.
The battle for joy is real; it is desperate. We find our comfort and strength in Who God is and His Word to us. I think it was Rutherford who once said, “Believe God's word and power more than you believe your own feelings and experiences. Your Rock is Christ, and it is not the Rock which ebbs and flows, but your sea.”
The evil one would love to see us discouraged, bitter, and most of all hopeless. But God has not left us without hope. Our prayer is that the eyes of our hearts would be enlightened in order that we may know the hope to which He has called us, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, and His incomparably great power for us who believe. (Ephesians 1:17-19)
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
13 And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died. 15 We tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not meet him ahead of those who have died. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. 17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. 18 So encourage each other with these words.


6 comments:
Oh Janelle,
I'm glad you've written about this. . . my heart is breaking for you, and my eyes have cried. I've asked Tim if we could pray for you and Bob tonight. Thank you for your honesty and transperancy, as well as your desire to still glorify God. May his name be praised.
The home going of loved ones is never easy. The verses you posted are so good and right!! May God give you the grace to live them out! We love you all and will be praying for you!
Dan and I grieve with you, Janelle. Continue to trust the Lord. We love you.
Janelle,
I'm so sorry for your loss! My heart breaks for you and your family!
Oh sweetie- we are so sorry to hear of your losses. My heart aches for you - and for Bob. I know that this is such a hard time for you guys. Thank you for sharing with us and for showing us your hope in the Lord despite the pain. You are such a blessing. Love you guys and praying for you!
Dear Janelle,
Thank you for sharing your heart and faith during this difficult time. I am praying for you and your family.
In Christ Kathleen Sutter
Post a Comment