Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 15, 2008

Funny Story and a Prayer Request

Last night I was putting Olivia to bed. She wanted a different book than the one we were reading, so I told her to ask Daddy to bring us another one. Bless her, she just stood up on her little bed and as loud as you please called out, "BOB!" It was a hoot!
(For the record, I did explain to her that she needs to call him "Daddy.")

On a more serious note, we would appreciate your prayers. I had another miscarriage last week. Because it's my third one, my doctor is doing a number of tests to try to determine the cause. We may never know why I miscarried, but hopefully we can rule out some of the more serious causes.
I've been having a tough time with just feeling overwhelmed, but God is good. My mom came and stayed with us for a week and took great care of us. Thank you, Mom!

We take much comfort in the hope of Jesus - we are seeing Christmas with fresh eyes this year.
O little town of Bethlehem,
How still we see thee lie!
Above thy deep and dreamless sleep
The silent stars go by.
Yet in thy dark street shineth
The everlasting Light;
The hopes and fears of all the years
Are met in Thee tonight.

8 comments:

Sara said...

Praying for you, Janelle.

LMLogan said...

Olivia is so funny!! made me laugh!! and I'm so sorry janelle!! my heart breaks! I'm praying for you!!

S said...

praying for you all and can't imagine what you're going through.

on another note i just saw from katie b.'s post about her visit to your church and realized how close your church is to where my family grew up! small world!

Carrie said...

So glad that your mom was able to come and spend some time with you all. We are praying God's grace and peace for you and that He would give the doctors wisdom and understanding.

Katie Barker said...

Oh Janelle, I'm so sorry,and so sad for you and Bob. I know you're trying to trust and still have you're hope in Him - because we know He is a perfect God. But it's still sad and frustrating. Tim and I will add this to our prayers for your family.

The Lesters said...

Oh Janelle I am so sorry. :( I will pray that the doc can find out what is wrong and that God gives you peace.

jeileenbaylor said...

What a funny story about Olivia! She sounds like so much fun :)

Thank you so much for being transparent about what you have been going through. God has recently been laying you on my heart more often to pray for you and your family, and I guess I know why. I am glad that at least you can hopefully get some answers soon. Please know that we love you and we are supporting you in prayer.

Anonymous said...

Janelle, we are praying for you! Daniel prayed for you the day we found out. Love you and hope to see you soon!